27 July 2010

More Recycled Treats

I want to pick up where I left in the previous blog post and show another couple of garments which I managed to find at the Leeds Community Clothes Exchange .


I had for at least a couple of years been looking for something like this beautiful bolero, and there it was just hanging in the top section at the June clothes exchange. As I often wear dresses but don’t want to bring a long-sleeved cardigan everywhere I go, I believe that this type of clothing is an excellent solution.


This old-pink crochet bolero only goes half way down my back, which is perfect if when wearing my purple dress that has a little bow which ties half way down the back. This way it allows the bow to stay visible and not just looking like a random lump underneath a standard cardigan. This garment may not keep me warm but it’s pretty and it’s a smart choice when going for dinner parties.




Next up is this knitted light pink cardigan with its interesting shape. It has long sleeves and is longer in the back. As there are no buttons, I instead clip my blue fabric flower to it. This is another great option when wearing a smarter dress or top.